Indian American Technologist Rahul Thakkar was chosen for Scientific and Technical achievement Award 2016 given by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, famously called Oscar Awards. Rahul Thakkar will share the honour with Richard Chuang for ‘groundbreaking design’ of the DreamWorks Animation Media Review System.
Rahul Thakkar was born in the UK but grew up in Mumbai. He’s also made multiple appearances on Indian TV, in films and also worked as a voice artist. While he pursued his graduation from Mumbai university, he got a Masters degree in computer science from Utah State University. He has an experience of 20 years in product design and research.
Technical Achievement awards winners:-
• Michael John Keesling- for the design and development of Image Shaker
• David McIntosh, Steve Marshall Smith, Mike Branham and Mike Kirilenko- for the engineering and development of the Aircover Inflatables Airwall.
• Trevor Davies, Thomas Wan, Jon Scott Miller, Jared Smith and Matthew Robinson- for the development of the Dolby Laboratories PRM Series Reference Color Monitors.
• Ronald Mallet and Christoph Bregler- for the design and engineering of the Industrial Light & Magic Geometry Tracker, a novel, general-purpose tracker and solver.
• Jim Hourihan, Alan Trombla and Seth Rosenthal- for the design and development of the Tweak Software RV system.
• Richard Chuang and Rahul Thakkar- for the groundbreaking design of DreamWorks Animation Media Review System
• Andrew Pilgrim, Stewart Birnam and Mark Kirk- for the review workflows and advanced playback features of the DreamWorks Animation Media Review System
• Keith Goldfarb, Steve Linn, Brian Green and Raymond Chih- for the development of the Rhythm & Hues Global DDR System.
• J Robert Ray, Cottalango Leon and Sam Richards- for the design, engineering and continuous development of Sony Pictures Imageworks Itview.