President Pranab Mukherjee on 19 September 2015 presented the National Tourism Awards 2013-14 at a function held at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
Some of the important recipients of awards
• The state of Gujarat was awarded for the Best State/UT for Comprehensive Tourism Development
• Heritage City Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh as the Best Heritage City
• Municipal Council of Maheshwar (Distt.Khargone) in Madhya Pradesh for Best Civic Management of a Tourist Destination in B Category.
• Gujarat has been awarded as the Best Film Promotion Friendly State/Union territory.
• Department of Tourism of Kerala received the award for Most Innovative use of Information technology.
• The Great backwaters of Kerala by Kerala Tourism has been awarded the Best Tourism Film.
• The Coffee Table Book Gujarat’s 50 Golden Destinations by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd got the award of Best Tourism Promotion Publicity material.
• M/s Kuoni Travel India Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon received the first prize for Best Inbound Tour Operators/Travel agents in the category of earning Foreign Exchange of 100 crore rupees or more in a year.
• M/s Trail Blazer Tours India Pvt was given first prize in the category of earning Foreign Exchange of 50-100 crore rupees in a year.
• M/s Eco Mobility and Hospitality Pvt Ltd won the first prize in Category I of Tourist Transport Operator.
• M/s Snow Leopard Adventure Pvt Lts, Gurgaon won the prize for Best Adventure Tour Operator.
About National Tourism Awards
• The National Tourism Awards are presented annually by Union Ministry of Tourism to various segments of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. These awards are being given since the early 1990s.
• The awards are awarded to State Governments, Union Territories, hotels, travel agents, tour operators and individuals in recognition of their performance in their respective fields.
• The awards are given in several categories including Comprehensive Development of Tourism, Best Rural Tourism Project, Medical Tourism Facilities, Best Heritage City, Best Heritage Walk, Best Hotels, Awards to Inbound Tour Operators and Travel Agents for their outstanding work.
2. United Kingdom
5. United States of America