UNESCO adds 24 new sites into World Heritage List
World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, UNESCO concluded its annual meeting in Bonn, Germany, after inscribing 24 new sites into the World Heritage List.
In the past 10 days, over 2,000 delegates from around 160 countries gathered to examine nominations of new heritage sites and reviewed the state of conservation of sites already in the heritage list.
Out of the 36 sites that were examined this year, 24 sites were granted world heritage status for their outstanding universal value, increasing the total number of world heritage sites to 1,031
List of heritage city by UNESCO in 2015 :
- 1.Blue and John Crow Mountains (Jamaica).
- 2. Tusi sites (China),
- 3. Christiansfeld, a Moravian Church Settlement (Denmark).
- 4.Par Force Hunting Landscape in North Zealand (Denmark).
- 5. Climats, terroirs of Burgundy (France).
- 6.Champagne Hillsides, Houses and Cellars (France).
- 7.Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District with Chilehaus (Germany).
- 8. Susa (Iran).
- 9.Cultural Landscape of Maymand (Iran).
- 10. Necropolis of Beth She’arim—a Landmark of Jewish Revival (Israel).
- 11. Arab-Norman Palermo and the Cathedral Churches of Cefalú and Monreale (Italy)
- 12. Meiji Industrial Revolution: Iron and Steel, Shipbuilding and Coal Mining (Japan).
- 13. Baptism Site “Bethany Beyond the Jordan” (Al-Maghtas) (Jordan).
- 14. Baekje Historic Areas (South Korea)
- 15. Aqueduct of Padre Tembleque Hydraulic System (Mexico)
- 16.Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain and its surrounding sacred landscape (Mongolia)
- 17.Rjukan-Notodden Industrial Heritage Site (Norway)
- 18. Rock Art in the Hail Region (Saudi Arabia).
- 19. Singapore Botanical Gardens (Singapore).
- 20. Ephesus (Turkey).
- 21. Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens Cultural Landscape (Turkey).
- 22. Fray Bentos Cultural-Industrial Landscape (Uruguay).
- 23.The Forth Bridge (United Kingdom).
- 24. San Antonio Missions (United States).